Babies don’t need a lot, but we can’t help but want to shower our little loves with presents. Books are the number one thing that I recommend getting for little ones, but aside from that, here are my top 10 toys for children under one:
- Haba Rattling Caterpillar : This is great to hang on strollers or activity centers for developing eyes and practicing motor skills. Or, to explore and naw on.
- Under the Nile Scraptopus :This company is wonderful in that it uses up it’s scraps from other products to make new ones. This is made of organic cotton too.
- Maple Landmark Peace Sign Teether :A teether with nothing but wood. It’s sanded down to buttery smoothness.
- Apple Park Blankie, Book, and Rattle Gift : Babies benefit greatly from books, and this gift is great in that it also comes with a blankie and rattle. Excellent company as well.
- Kathe Kruse Bunny Towel Doll : We have had this doll since Dominik was a little newborn. It’s super soft and the perfect lovie for babies.
- Grimm’s Rattle and Roll : Babies love to shake things and make noise. They also love to chase after things when learning to crawl. This is perfect for that.
- Vulli So Pure Ball Toy : Balls make a great open-ended option for babies. Good for chewing, holding, throwing, rolling, etc.
- Hape Mini Van : When Dominik was learning to crawl, cars made great motivation for him to crawl a little further. These are gorgeous as well.
- Plan Toys Baby Walker : Babies learning to walk will love the help of this walker. It can also be used to transport toys as they grow.
- Sarah’s Silks Mini Rainbow Silk : I highly recommend play silks for any age. Even having just one for babies can be a great sensory experience and teach them about object permanence.
All of these toys are battery free, nontoxic, sustainably made, and open-ended.